Saturday

a day in the life

Whenever people ask me how is married life, I always answer, "Masaya". In many ways, it's because of Mark (if you know him - you already know what I mean). But also, I think, marrying for the right reason makes sense --- and consequently, everything seems lighter, sunnier, happier.

Just a sample, here are some scenes in a typical day:

waking up...
5:30 AM (alarm beeps) Me: Love, pasara ng alarm.
5:31 AM (Mark with both eyes closed, snoozes the alarm)
5:45 AM (I wake up and put on the kettle - for a warm bath)
6:30 AM (after taking a bath and dressing up) Me: Love, gising na.
Mark: Five minutes pa.
6:31 AM Me: Love, tapos na five minutes.
Mark: Ganun ba? Tara na...

in the car, on the way to work...
Me: Towel, Shoes, Belt, Undershirt, Socks, Tie, Wallet...
(Mark takes a bath kasi in the Meralco gym)

in the bedroom, while I'm watching CSI...
Mark: Ano pinapanood mo?
Me: CSI.
Mark: Tignan mo lang sa 61. Maganda ang palabas.
Me: DZRH sa TV yun e. Nauna na ako dito sa TV.
Mark: Five years akong hari ng kwartong ito. Ngayon, ejected na ako?
Me: Kasi may reyna na itong kwarto mo.

Seriously, being married gives me a certain kind of peace and comfort. I like the fact that there is someone I can tell anything to and be my best and worst self with. I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be than here: me, typing away while Mark is sound asleep on the sofa as WWE is on :)

No comments: